A B C OF THE BIBLE

A B C OF THE BIBLE
a good place to start such studies with these topics inside

THE BOOK OF J

THE BOOK OF J
click onto the image

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WOMEN IN THE BIBLE- PART I

Women are sometimes named in the BIBLE and mentioned in various ways, such as their role in a specific event or in relation to a man,such as, a husband, fat her,etc. Sometimes women are given certain social/cultural positions like mother, sister, widow, prostitute, even queen.. Nevertheless, more attention is given to men than women in the BIBLE, so the notion(s) of MASCULINE vs FEMININE assumes an importance for various groups,scholars, and writers interested in specific ideas and concepts,etc. that sometimes affect the way people read or understand the BIBLE,especially when they are members of a specific church, religion,sect,cult, organization,etc. I shall add more to this discussion at a later time as what I had originally written for this blog was 'censored' by the software in the library where I was composting this.....as apparently some of the words I was using were considered 'inappropriate' and perhaps 'politically incorrect'....all of a sudden all that I had written originally was wiped out and the screen completely clear and I had to sign in again to use the site....such is modern techology....

No comments:

Post a Comment